Blogger Widgets
Powered By Blogger

Reviews to come

Blog Archive

Books listed by series

Dawn's Current Lust

Jennifer Armentrout

Sweet Peril

Sweet Peril
April 30th 2013

Death's Angel

Death's Angel
December 21st 2012

Fury Of Seduction

Fury Of Seduction
November 13th 2012

Gates Of Paradise

Gates Of Paradise
January 15th 2012

Blood- Kissed Sky

Blood- Kissed Sky
December 26th 2012

Days of Blood & Starlight

Days of Blood & Starlight
November 6th 2012

Iced

Iced
October 30th 2012

A Circle of Seven Series

A Circle of Seven Series
December 4th 2012
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, January 21

Wicked Lovely Series by Melissa Marr

Title: Wicked Lovely
Author: Melissa Marr
Series: Wicked Lovely # 1
Publisher: Harper Teen
Hardcover: 328
Publication Date: June 12th 2007
Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries. Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty—especially if they learn of her Sight—and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens.Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries. Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention. But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. He is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost—regardless of her plans or desires. Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; her life; everything. Faerie intrigue, mortal love, and the clash of ancient rules and modern expectations swirl together in Melissa Marr's stunning 21 st century faery tale.
Melissa Marr has captured me in a world of Fae that is so addictive. I was hooked from the first chapter. Never schlepping. Melissa brings a true faery story in today's urban times. In the first Darkest Lovely series we follow Aislinn a sweet girl who carries a dark secret-- she has the sight. Apart from her grandmother no one else in Aislinn's world is privy to the sight. She has survived all her life ignoring the Fae, until Keenan appears, Fae king who will not let her be. Some reason he keeps showing up everywhere she goes no matter how many cold shoulders she turns his way.  What does he want from her? Apart from all that she has to deal with the many trepidations of ordinary teenage life with her everyday friends Leslie and Seth. How frustrating. When everything goes basically to hell, and no laws or rules can protect you, what do you do? Do you play into the game? or do you hide from the world. Secrets revealed choices to be made, and the future of the summer and winter courts all lie in Aislinn's hand.










Dawn recommended this series to me… and bless her heart for sharing!
(I totally heart you). I just finished WICKED LOVELY by Melissa Marr and am sitting here, grinning and wondering … how long will it take me to devour the remaining books! Better get started. This was a great debut novel and Melissa Marr did an awesome job! Her writing got me into fey books and I haven’t regretted it. Wicked Lovely is the first novel in a series about a world where the fair folks and humans mingle. The story debuts Aislinn, a human teenager who can see the faeries around her, but has been trained all her life to pretend not to see them. And a Handsome summer king whom has been looking for his queen for centuries! Torn between the Known and the unknown, what will Aislinn do? I was drawn into the enticing world of fey and their politics. And all I can stay is B.E.E.P.I.N.G F.A.E.RI.E.S!   In the end… I was HOOKED!  And did I say??? How much I LOVED this book? I Absolutely LOVE this Book! And Ink exchange is just lying here winking at me! ;)

Title: Ink Exchange
Author: Melissa Marr
Series: Wicked Lovely # 2
Publisher: Harper Teen
Hardcover: 325
Publication Date: April 29th 2008
The author of the "New York Times" bestseller "Wicked Lovely" continues her tales of Faery in a dark, ravishing story of temptation and consequences, and of heroism when least expected… To 17-year-old Leslie, the tattoo is a thing of indescribable beauty, a captivating mark that she must make her own. But this subtle web of eyes and wings brings with it a transformation that no sweet young girl would ever imagine or welcome. Like its predecessor, this stand-alone sequel toWicked Lovely plunges its youthful heroine into a faery world of almost constant peril. A tantalizing urban fantasy that won't let go
In ink exchange we follow Leslie's story (Aislinn's friend) we have already seen the winter and summer courts, but now we get an insight to the dark courts. Leslie's dark past has driven her to find a form of independence. This leads her to make a decision that binds her faith with the dark courts.  With dark twists and turns at every corner of this book, you can't stop turning the pages until you get a small glimpse of the sunlight. I love the fact that no matter what there is always a choice to be made. I was actually rooting for the bad guys (if in fact they are) we see that to every story there are two sides, and decisions are the hardest choices we make in life. This book had a more Gothic eerie feel to it compared to the first book. This is a great series for all Fae lovers.










Ink Exchange is not a sequel to Wicked Lovely, but I certainly recommend this book!  (It all connects! Melissa Marr’s characters in the first novel have minor parts to play in this next installment. Basically, it’s about Leslie, a friend of Aislinn’s (the new summer queen from wicked lovely)! Leslie didn’t know about the feys until she decided to take control of her life (after being raped) by getting a unique tattoo. It turns out that this very INK; led her into the hands of the DARK COURT FEY!!! Just for the record, I like the summer court…. For the weather off course…. I mean I am team summer!  BUT, The dark court though… I LOVED… for the company. I would visit summer, but build a residence in the middle of the dark court! They are all about SEX, pleasure, fun, Dark Humor, debauchery and are wickedly sinful…  they bathe in these devious acts…  I LOVED every page!  (DON’T Judge me)! Only Mellissa Marr can turn me dark! She is that good of a writer. In this book Mellissa also lets us see the story from Naill’s point of view -the NEW DARK King and IRI… His Lover! I can’t give away any spoilers but I was enthralled. I couldn’t stop reading! I was transfixed! I mean the games these fey plays, their politics, their shear selfish attitude was just Different and enticing truth be told. And the Drama WOW! I enjoyed reading this book. In the end, after understanding the DARK Courts’ take on things… I didn’t know whose side to be on anymore. I was neutral.  And I got “fragile eternity” Immediately.









    
Title: Fragile Eternity
Author: Melissa Marr
Series: Wicked Lovely # 3
Publisher: Harper Teen
Hardcover: 389
Publication Date: April 21st 2009
Aislinn never expected to rule in Faerie--but that was before Keenan stole her mortality to make her a monarch. Now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she'd ever dreamed of.Seth never expected he would want to settle down with anyone--but that was before Aislinn. She is everything he's ever dreamed of, and he wants to be with her forever. Forever takes on a new meaning, though, when your girlfriend is an immortal faery queen.
A truce has been made. The ink is set. Aislinn is now torn. She thinks she has made her choice, but in fragile Eternity we see that not all her choices are the best. Aislinn is torn between Keenan and Seth, faery world and the human world. How is she going to keep her court as well as herself happy? Seth himself is torn. He finds it hard to share Aislinn with keenan and the summer court. He is an outcast. He has a hard choice to make as well. Danika, the sweet caring wolf girl we once knew is no more and it seems to me that ice has patched over her heart. We also get a glimpse into the High Court, another Fae world in it's own. What choices will be made?  I must say that I do not quit agree with the choices of everyone in this book and can't wait for the next book to reveal the consequences of their actions. This is one of my favorites of the series. So much is revealed yet so much has to be answered. I was captivated in this page-turner. I give it two thumbs, a nose and all my toes.










As anticipated this book was awesome. It’s a continuation of the same story; this time the focused yet again is on Ash- the summer queen and Seth- her human lover, Keenan- the Summer King, Donia, - the winter queen and the HIGH COURT! In this installment, Seth and Aislinn are trying to figure out where they fit in the human world, since the world as both of them have always known… has changed so drastically! Seth is human… He will die someday and he can’t deal with it!  So naturally, he went seeking for eternity.  Mellissa, Mellissa, Mellissa, Melissa! (Totally chanting her name like a prayer). She is divine! I can’t really explain this book, all I know is …. Her writing is all about choices and consequence! SHE does not cuddle her writers. And the reality of it all is mind numbing and you finding yourself dreaming about her books! (NOT… that I ever did)… I just know! This book/ series is addictive! Melissa Marr’s world is seductive, indistinct, and all encompassing; truthfully, until I finished this book, I couldn’t pull my mind out of it.  I found it impossible to stop reading … I was entranced.  A must read!

Title: Radiant Shadow
Author: Melissa Marr
Series: Wicked Lovely # 4
Publisher: Harper Collins
Hardcover: 328
Publication Date: April 20th 2010
Hunger for nourishment.Hunger for touch.Hunger to belong.
Half-human and half-faery, Ani is driven by her hungers.Those same appetites also attract powerful enemies and uncertain allies, including Devlin. He was created as an assassin and is brother to the faeries’ coolly logical High Queen and to her chaotic twin, the embodiment of War. Devlin wants to keep Ani safe from his sisters, knowing that if he fails, he will be the instrument of Ani’s death.Ani isn’t one to be guarded while others fight battles for her, though. She has the courage to protect herself and the ability to alter Devlin’s plansAnd his life. The two are drawn together, each with reason to fear the other and to fear for one another. But as they grow closer, a larger threat imperils the whole of Faerie. Will saving the faery realm mean losing each other?
What happens when order and chaos both try to be on top? Well in radiant shadows we see exactly the outcome to that. A great curve ball ending that I was so not expecting. Melissa Marr went above and beyond in this one. Yes she brought it in this one. We get the answers as to what happens when certain choices are made. A spiral of unexpected events unravels a great urban Fae story. Seth is on the loose, Ani is on the run, Devlin is giving way to chase, and the High Queen has made a choice that is unrelenting to her court. Niall is torn with numerous decisions, Irial is on a top-secret mission and Sorcha is running rampant. My favorite in the series had- me crying, laughing and fuming at certain parts. I never thought that I could some of these characters sooo much.. Can't wait for Darkest Mercy where my thirst will be sated. Melissa I give you Two thumbs my nose toes. My whole frickin body.










For folks who haven't read the first three books wicked lovely, ink exchange and fragile eternity in the Wicked Lovely series must do so before reading Radiant Shadows. The plot has countless characters and clashes that may be tricky even for those whom are well versed in folklore. Radiant Shadows is the fourth book in the series. It takes on the points of view of Ani (from the Dark Court) and Devlin (High court assassin), both were minor character in the first three narrative. While Aislinn, Seth, and other key players were facets in the previous books up to this point. They are still very important, but they are minor characters in this book. The book centers Devlin the product/ brother/ son/ assassin to logic and war. Basically, he has no life. A cold hearted fey, doing whatever the High court wants of him while at the same time, controlling his yearning and his heart! Until faith led him to Ani- a hound! Torn between war and reason, duty and love all I can stay is following him was an intense ride to say the least. And I LOVED it! LOVED it! With Melissa Marr, you can never predict what ride she is going to taken you on. Her writing Is like a cloud or a morning sunrise, so beautiful to a point were you couldn't stop…. Even for a sec, you are just transfixed enthralled mesmerize and when you are done reading you feel sapped and you want more. And knowing that there is only one book left in this series… is painful… I actually ache and I don’t want it to end. This book was transcendent and the writer I don’t know a better adjective to use is qualifying her she is just ethereal and I can’t compare what she does to anyone else. With her series it is difficult to feel attached to any particular one character. So you just read and imagine the entire situation wicked and lovely unravel. This was Perfection!

Title: Darkest Mercy
Author: Melissa Marr
Series: Wicked Lovely # 5
Publisher: Harper Teen
Hardcover:
Publication Date:
The Summer King is missing; the Dark Court is bleeding; and a stranger walks the streets of Huntsdale, his presence signifying the deaths of powerful fey.Aislinn tends to the Summer Court, searching for her absent king and yearning for Seth. Torn between his new queen and his old love, Keenan works from afar to strengthen his court against the coming war. Donia longs for fiery passion even as she coolly readies the Winter Court for battle. And Seth, sworn brother of the Dark King and heir to the High Queen, is about to make a mistake that could cost his life.Love, despair, and betrayal ignite the Faery Courts, and in the final conflict, some will win . . . and some will lose everything.The thrilling conclusion to Melissa Marr's New York Times bestselling Wicked Lovely series will leave readers breathless. 
Hmm..Where to start...this series was such a great series. I felt so complete after reading this. Where I thought it truly impossible to have a good ending to this, Melissa Marr surprised me. We see ultimate sacrifices, true love, and corruption at its highest. A few of my favorite characters were missed in this book, would have liked one last good bye and I shed a few tears as I had to say a final good bye to a few of my favorites. But in this book we got the action Melissa had us hyped for in the last couple books. A mysterious  new fae lurks his head in the streets. Seth tries to set things right, ash is torn with her choices, and Donia, i feel as if she was doomed from the start of darkest mercy.. Nial and irial are basically coming to the end of one road to face another. Great twists, turns and ever so exciting. ..Only because I missed some of my favorite characters.

The darkest mercy is the fifth and final book in the wicked lovely series. It wasn’t what I expected. Fact is I didn’t know what I expected, but in the end I was at peace. The summer king… I have always liked…. I knew there was something there in him that kept me a fan. He… is different, a lot of things were centered around him… in the end he found happiness, which means I am happy that he was happy. I never like Donia until this installment. I guess I understand her better.  It was a good conclusion, but this isn’t my favorite book in the entire series.  I thought the summer king deserves more! The merry go round and the wild conclusion was a bit farfetched! However, Great job!

0 comments:

Translate Our Reviews!!!

CYBER STALK US!!!!

Facebook Twitter Goodreads Email Me! Rss Google +

Grab Our Button

Martini's

Networked Blogs

Linky Buddies

My Blog Designer

Memberships

Netgalley